Thursday, April 2, 2009

I want: James Verbicky



James.. James... Impeccable talent encapsulated in a 6 foot something blond haired tattooed armed man. I can safely say I've been a fan for over 5 years. Since that time, his work has moved from gorgeous figurative paintings to full blown mixed media resin engulfed abstract heaven.

I have the blue one at left, "Shelter", on loan ;) But want to fill my house full of it all. You should too. It makes me want to shop for patent leather butter yellow shoes.. Weird I know.. There's not much out there that doesn't inspire me to shop for shoes.

The inspiration for his most recent collection "CONTINUUM" came from work he was commissioned to do on one of the Frank Gehry Spheres in the Hollywood Bowl.. Since that time he's been popping up all over, most notable was this past December when he was asked to show at The Louvre in Paris.

Never one to disappoint, I patiently await his new collection which I'm sure will inspire all kinds of shopping sprees.

No comments: